The procerus and corrugator supercilii muscles flex, resulting in vertical lines between the brows. The muscles involved in frowning are called ‘frown lines.’
Frown lines are a natural component of the ageing process. Your skin loses its elasticity and ability to stretch and bounce back to its natural shape as you get older.
A variety of circumstances can cause frown lines. They are as follows:
- Your DNA affects whether you have sturdy skin, which
will delay the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- UV rays break down elastin and collagen in your skin, making you more prone to wrinkles.
- Squinting, furrowing your brows, and frowning are all examples of repeated facial expressions that can lead to the production of lines.
- Stress can be a significant source of facial tension, resulting in repetitive facial expressions and, as a result, frown lines.
- Extrinsic skin ageing is accelerated by smoking.Smokers’ skin loses suppleness due to the loss of collagen and elastin. Inhaled tobacco smoke also causes blood arteries to shrink, resulting in less oxygenated blood reaching tissues like the skin. As a result of the adverse effects of cigarette smoke exposure, the skin ages prematurely.
Anti-wrinkle therapy is an excellent approach to alleviate the appearance of frown lines. Many people believe that simply decreasing the frown line between their brows makes them appear more approachable at work and in social situations.
The procedure relaxes the facial muscles that cause wrinkles, preventing them from deepening further. It’s a quick ten-minute process that involves injecting the treatment directly into the target muscles. Anti-wrinkle treatment is an art form. The therapy is directed at the correct muscle, in the correct area, at the right dose, by an experienced doctor to get the most outstanding, most natural-looking outcomes.
Before beginning your treatment, you must first have a consultation. This is true regardless of whether you have previously had anti-wrinkle injections elsewhere. This is so that we can discuss your medical history and ensure that the procedure is suitable for you, and ensure that you are entirely informed before beginning treatment.
It is. Wrinkles and lines in specific parts of the face can be reduced using botox. Some people prefer to have a lot of expressions on their forehead, yet they still want to relax their frown line. Our skilled doctor will know just where to administer the injections, the correct muscle, in the correct place and the perfect dose.
You may have concerns regarding the safety of the anti-wrinkle treatment. This medicine has a lengthy history of usage, which gives it a high level of efficacy and safety. Wrinkle relaxing treatment is FDA-approved to treat wrinkles and fine lines, and there is a very low risk of side effects when performed by skilled, experienced specialists. Anti-wrinkle injections are appropriate for a broad spectrum of people, but there are some limitations to be aware of. This treatment is for healthy men and women who are at least 18 years old. It is not recommended for persons with certain underlying medical disorders, such as myasthenia gravis or motor neuron disease. This treatment is also not recommended if you are pregnant or have previously had an adverse reaction to the injections.
Most people don’t feel any discomfort during this procedure. We can use a light topical anaesthetic to numb the area beforehand if you are apprehensive about having this treatment or have a fear of needles. The skin may be red and inflamed after treatment, but you should be able to get back to work straightaway.
After the initial treatment, it may take up to 2 weeks to get the full effects. The cosmetic results can last up to six months, but most require another treatment after 3-4 months. As wrinkles resurface, most people will require retreatment.
However, as the unconscious muscular contraction habit is changed in some treated locations, the wrinkles may return less prominent following repeated treatments. We provide all of our patients with a free two-week follow-up session to check the treatment’s effectiveness and, if necessary, give any more treatments.
The majority of people report just modest local discomfort and tenderness as a result of the treatment. The injection site may be moderately swollen right after the treatment, but this usually goes away within 48 hours. It’s also possible to have some minor bruises. These medications have virtually no side effects. The treatment may cause temporary lowering of the brow or eyelids by relaxing surrounding muscle groups.
This could persist for a few weeks, but it will eventually go away. An allergic reaction is possible. There are unforeseen benefits resulting from the relaxation of the forehead muscles, including decreasing the likelihood of tension headaches. These medicines have been in use for more than 20 years and do not seem to have caused any long-term side effects.
- After the treatment, don’t wear make-up for at least 24 hours.
- For 48 hours, avoid touching or rubbing the injected regions, as well as facials and massages, ensuring that the treatment remains at the injection site.
- For the next 48 hours, avoid excessive activity, sauna, and alcohol-based products on the treated area.
- Arnica cream can be applied if bruising occurs.
- Take paracetamol after the treatment if you are experiencing any pain.
We only utilise the most well-known brands on the market.
Our Doctors are well-known for their techniques for creating stunning yet natural-looking cosmetic results with minimum discomfort, bruising, and recovery time.
We offer exceptional post-treatment care.